Happy February! How are your new year resolutions coming along? Did you commit to fitness goals? Are you experiencing new (or re-occurring) aches and pains in your body? Would you like to excel in your training and avoid injuries? Join me for the upcoming 2hr event Yoga Intensive for Athletes at Re-Cycle Sports.
6 Benefits of Yoga for Athletes:
- Body Awareness - Recognize your posture and body positioning. Perhaps you've compromised muscle groups in which you aren't as strong and it's causing aches, pains or eventually injury.
- Increased Strength - Slower is stronger in Yoga (I realize this is opposite of winning a race, hear me out). Strengthen your underdeveloped muscles that you may not be training when you frequently repeat the same exercises (running, biking, weightlifting, etc.).
- Balance - Improving balance and coordination means enhanced control over how you move our body.
- Flexibility - Greater range of motion coupled with strengthening will decrease the likeliness of injury.
- Mental Control - With consistent practice, this is where the magic happens.
- Improved Sleep - See #5, calm your monkey mind.
Yoga might just improve your life in unexpected ways!